Participating in the Community Foundation's Financial Advisor Program creates a distinct advantage for you and your clients. You can continue to manage your clients' assets while meeting your clients’ tax and charitable goals.
Financial Advisor Program Benefits
The Financial Advisor Program is a win-win for everyone involved, creating a significant and positive impact for your clients' charitable causes. Funds with at least $25,000 of assets are eligible to participate in the Financial Advisor Program.
Financial Advisors can:
- Retain their clients' charitable assets at their financial institution and continue to manage their clients' charitable giving vehicles.
- Convert non-managed client assets, such as real estate, closely-held interests, businesses, personal property, and art into charitable dollars that the advisor will manage.
- Offer clients a value-added service by connecting them to the best charitable giving product on the market.
Identifying Clients Who Qualify
Candidates for this program might:
- Plan to sell a private company
- Have high capital gains tax exposure
- Be in a "transition" phase of life—empty nest, retirement, or involved in estate planning
- Want a charitable tax deduction now with the flexibility to make distributions in the future
- Want to grow their contributions tax-free over time
- Have a desire to give something back to their community
- Want to leave a legacy for future generations
The Financial Advisor Program requires financial advisors to adhere to the Community Foundation's professional and industry standards in managing donor funds. Statements are reconciled monthly between the Community Foundation and financial advisors and the Community Foundation’s Investment Committee maintains oversight of the Financial Advisor Program.