Seven Local Nonprofits Receive Grants From Crestwood Women & Families Fund
Providing grants to address the issues and meet immediate needs of women and families in the Huntsville community
Huntsville, AL - Crestwood Medical Center and the Community Foundation of Huntsville/Madison County are happy to announce that seven local nonprofit organizations in the Huntsville area will receive grants distributed from the Crestwood Women & Families Fund in 2017.
The mission of the Crestwood Women & Families Fund is to establish a grant-making fund for high-impact grants to address the issues and meet immediate needs of women and families in our community. The fund is managed by the Community Foundation.
Crestwood employees, volunteers and individuals within the local community contributed approximately $20,000 to replenish the fund prior to 2017 distributions. Not-for-profit organizations in the community who serve women and families were invited to apply for grant funding by following a formal process. An Advisory Committee consisting of members of the Crestwood Women’s Advisory Council, Crestwood Medical Center employees, and volunteers met to review applications and recommended grants to selected organizations. The Advisory Committee elected to donate the entire balance raised over the past year to a select group of organizations who applied.
The following organizations will receive grants from the Crestwood Women & Families Fund to support their programs:
- Care Assurance System for the Aging & Homebound (CASA) of Madison County | Hearing & Vision Services – unmet needs of at-risk senior women
2. Clothe Our Kids of North Alabama | Clothing/Shoes – unmet needs for children in our community
3. Community Free Dental Clinic | Dental care for poverty level adults in Madison County
4. Food Bank of North Alabama | Backpack and Kids Harvest programs to serve children in our community
5. Huntsville Assistance Program | Emergency assistance (food, rent, utilities) for non-homeless families in Huntsville
6. Inside-Out Ministries | Emergency assistance (food, rent, utilities) for single women and single mothers and their families
7. Kids to Love Foundation | Provide food, clothing and home for tween/teen foster girls at Davidson Farms
Those interested in contributing to this fund to continue supporting organizations in our community who assist women and families should visit
http://www.communityfoundationhsv.org/give/donate (Fund/Agency Name: Crestwood Women & Families Fund) or mail check made out to the Community Foundation and mail to P.O. Box 332, Huntsville, AL 35804. Please indicate Crestwood Women & Families Fund in the memo portion of your check.
About Crestwood Medical Center Crestwood Medical Center is a 180-bed full-service acute care hospital offering the latest medical advancements and surgical and diagnostic procedures, while providing compassionate care. For more information about Crestwood Medical Center, please visit crestwoodmedcenter.com.